Thursday, October 12, 2006

Next Gig!


Hey All
We've been asked to play with "Zen Arcade" at Cliffies on the 20th of this fine month of ROCKtober - that would be next friday, we're looking forward to it and hopefully by then I should have my Accoustic guitar back (I've been practicing and played one informal gig - with my electric, though while fun, needs a bit more work and experimenting with before hitting the big stage. Basically I need to get a decent guitar amp which would set me back a couple of grand, so not likely any time soon.) As i was saying I should have my accoustic back soon, she is in the very capable hands of Mr Pete Hanbury, a good friend and skilled Luthier (an instrument craftsman). My old pickup died on us in the middle of our set at Southern Cross (Jeremy and Colin you're stars - they managed to add in and adjust some of the songs so they were carried by the Bass and Drums), so Pete has fitted a new one and is doing some general maintenance repairs on her for me.
Unless you actually play an instrument as often as a gigging band does you don't really realize how much wear and tear your intruments endure.
Gotta run
Peace & Love people
Liam

No comments: