Monday, October 02, 2006

Maybe Angels


I've just Found out a friend of mine lost her Dad a few weeks ago, news like this always hits you at your core - and despite the loss of lives all around the world the news of the loss of someone, (even if you don't know them personally - but they're close to someone you know well) creeps right under that guard you've built up to avoid letting in all the terrible things that happen in the world.
I’m sure everyone at some point in time has experienced real grief at one level or another. I’m posting the words to a song I wrote a few years ago, when I was experiencing a grief that felt it would tear me apart, this ones for you van if you’re reading this.

Maybe Angels

Maybe angels watch over me,
when I’m sleeping when I’m lost in my dreams
when I’m searching for answers just out of my reach
Are you out there searching like me
can you hear it when the wind starts to speak
when it whispers it leaves your name caught in the air

Maybe angels watch over you
Maybe angels watch over me too
Maybe angels are holding us safe in the night

I’ve been broken since you stepped on that train
maybe angels can make me whole again
because the feelings I’m feeling are too much to bear
When the moon shines over the sea
I’ll be thinking of you thinking of me
Maybe angels are holding us safe in their embrace

Maybe angels stand by our side
Maybe angels our guardian and guides
Maybe angels are holding us safe in their light

Maybe angels are watching me bleed
Maybe angels are bleeding with me
Maybe angels are feeling the pain that I feel

Maybe angels won’t you stand by my side
Maybe angels my guardian and guide
Maybe angels - wont’ you stand and watch over her

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling of loosing a dad coz I too recently lost mine!!!

noodle said...

Those words are so beautiful Liam, thank you so much.