Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A great Night

Yesterday Afternoon saw me escaping from the office at 1:30, picking up my brother and Colin on the way home, where we hitched our trailer packed with our equipment and bags and hit the Road to Newcastle.

None of us knew what to expect but we new we wanted to rock and we we’re exited at playing somewhere a lot further a field from our base.

Let’s just say it was an evening beyond our expectations, the crowd was awesome, those Newcastlers area a friendly bunch and they know how to give it stick.
There were a couple of really talented local groups that played before us, and Then Eryn Fourie from PMB set the stage for us, from the first song the crowd gave us a welcome reception that put us on a high to carry us through the night, we invited Angus up non stage to join us for the last couple of songs that ended up being four with the encores.
It was definitely one of my Favorite gig’s to date and the Newcastle crowd has got to be thanked for that - you guys Rock!

This morning we left the hospitality of Angus’s’ house and set out on the long journey home, it was early and we’d only had about 4 hours sleep, but there was a satisfied silence in the car we’d played and had fun and so it seems did the crowd.
As I took in the beautiful scenery in the morning sunshine as I steered us homeward I reflected to my fellow musicians that if we were able I would quite happily do this everyday, go on a long Road trip/Tour of the country... perhaps one day soon.

No comments: