Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Helping Out


I don't know where she got our number from, but a couple of days ago I got a call from a Lady at the Hospice organization in 'Maritzberg asking if we'd be able to play at a general funraising day they're having there on the 25th, which is next Saturday. For those of you who don't know, hospice is an organization that goes around giving care and companionship to poeple with terminal illnesses, like Cancer.
The reason I know this is, I've had more than enough contact with them In the past two years, and they are good people that dedicate thier time to others. Firstly my Gran was diagnosed with and eventually died of cancer - and then not even a month Later my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, though she pulled through, tough Lady that she is, but my point is (and there is one I promise) is that they first visited my Gran when she was Ill, and then my mom. Alot of the time the biggest function they provide in those situations, is just someone to talk to about it, it's amazing how many people can't or wont.
I know I've gone on about it, but we'll definitely be playing there, so if you're in 'Maritzberg, or you fancy getting out for the day, come along. The Day starts in the morning and we'll be playing at 10-11am, but it'll be whole day affair. So come and Support Hospice, It's at 200 "Zwartcop Drive", which is what "Meyers Walk" becomes.
We hope to see you there.

Love and Peace
Liam

No comments: